Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goodbye my almost lover...

MOOD: able to smile/able to eat/able to think properly/not able to love


Yesterday, I went to City Hall where Burger and I had our first date.

Sitting in the MRT cabin, on my way there I was listening to some songs.

The memories of ours, recalling in my mind.

City Hall; It is the place where we make our promises and it is the place where we started off.

When I was in the train, I recall Burger and me quarrelling.

When I was walking in the City Link, I recalling the day he betrayed me.

When I was walking through the food republic, I recall Burger and me eating fried hokkien mee and Burger removing the prawn shells for me. And, the toast box, Xiao Fen and Newton. =)

When I came out from the food republic, I saw the duck tour/hippo tour counter; we planned to sit together but now…

When I was taking the escalator down to basement, I cannot feel the warmth from Burger as he likes to hug me when we taking the escalator. I feel a sudden coldness.

In the basement, I saw Secret Recipe; it reminds me of Valentine Day. I think of the flowers, the chocolates, the card, the letter, the food, the cookie, the necklace, the kiss and the hug.

I was ascending to the Foundation of “Our Love", I was thinking, “today, I came here without Burger.” I never thought that we will end like this.

I walked to the rooster logo on the floor; the place where we first hugged. I stood there, bursting into tears. Watching the Foundation, recalling all the memories I had with Burger, they used to be sweet but it hurt me now. I kept questioning myself, why why why? Why Burger did that to me? Where have I done wrong? Am I not good enough for him? Why he broke all our promises, hopes, dreams, trust, and love?

Finally, I tell myself, if Burger calls me before I leave the Foundation at 5pm, that’s THE END of us.

As soon as I decided on this, it was around 453pm, Burger called me. My heart was so pain. I thought it was just a dream, but when I saw my shivering hands, I know it wasn’t a dream, it is reality. I thought maybe I shouldn’t make this decision but I tell myself, it’s time to let go and move on. Without him, you will still be Ally Seah Ming Xuan.

And I left that place.

Goodbye,
Richie, my almost lover.

No comments: